Click here to sign and express your support
Click here to read the press release about the letter.
April 16, 2017, Easter Sunday
Dear United Methodist Church,
In a week, our Judicial Council will be called into session to decide on the worthiness of the ministries and lives of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer, Questioning and Intersex (LGBTQI) clergy persons who have been examined, voted upon, and overwhelmingly affirmed by faithful United Methodist clergy and laity. These cases stem from questions of legality and […]Full Story»
MIND will be hosting a general meeting at five different locations. We encourage everyone to attend the meeting date and location that works best for you.
The MIND steering committee is grateful to the following hosts of the Spring 2017 meeting from 3:00-5:00 p.m.:
New Paltz UMC (1 Grove St, New Paltz, NY 12561)
Park Avenue UMC (106 E 86th St, New York, NY 10028)
Katonah UMC (5 Bedford Rd, Katonah, NY 10536)
St. Paul’s UMC (270 Main St, Northport, NY 11768)
Cheshire UMC […]
We commend Bishop Jane Allen Middleton for offering clarification of the proper sphere of the work of the Board of Ordained Ministry and hope that the Judicial Council will find her reasoning persuasive when it passes judgment on her ruling in the spring. Her ruling is published on the NYAC web site.
A summary of the issues is provided here. We will follow and report on these developments as things evolve, but there should be no illusion about the limitations of dealing with […]
The fall meeting of the United Methodist Judicial Council has ruled — late on Saturday night! — regarding a bishop’s decision of law over whether the conference board of ordained ministry “is required to ascertain whether a candidate meets the qualifications for candidacy and ordained ministry, including whether or not she or he is exhibiting ‘fidelity in marriage and celibacy in singleness’ or is a ‘self-avowed practicing homosexual.’
A link to the full ruling, and a statement from MIND, follow.
MIND Statement on […]
More in this category
- General Conference 2016 – God Is Better Than The Church
- Join MIND Marching in the 2016 NYC Gay Pride March
- Union Seminary Alumni Council Supports LGBTQI Clergy
- Hundreds of Christian Moms Support LGBTQI Clergy
- Group of LGBTQI Methodist clergy comes out, in defiance of church law
- Board of Ministry Votes Equal Consideration for LGBTQI Candidates
- Can You Imagine Another Four Years Of Discrimination?
- Annual Conference 2015 recap
- #LoveWins: Rev. Frank Schaefer Keeps Credentials
- MIND mourns passing of Bishop McLee
- Annual conference wrap up
- Annual conference 2014 day 3: A covenant never to be silent again
- Annual conference 2014 day 2: Twenty-three ballots later…
- Annual conference 2014 day 1: All eyes on General Conference elections
- Annual conference packing list
- Reflections from the editors
- I would make the same decision again
- LGBTQ scholars dazzle at Ogletree forum
- I would not be the one who said no to this couple
- A beautiful expression of their hopes and dreams
- We saw Jesus in the faces of the people who attended