What’s your next step?
If there is some support for inclusive ministry in your church but it’s not a reconciling congregation and there’s no official welcoming policy or position:
- Plan a Gay Pride or reconciling service.
- Get your pastor to preach a reconciling sermon.
- Have MIND supporters wear the MIND t-shirt on a designated Sunday.
If your church’s position is officially welcoming or reconciling but there is no active reconciling presence week to week:
- Get your church to adopt a welcoming statement that includes LGBT people.
- Get your church to include an explicit welcome to LGBT people in the Sunday bulletin.
- Get your church to fly the rainbow flag outside.
If your church has a visible reconciling presence already:
- Reach out to local LG BT communities and invite them to worship with you.
- Reach out to local LGBT communities and participate in their projects, support their work.