We commend Bishop Jane Allen Middleton for offering clarification of the proper sphere of the work of the Board of Ordained Ministry and hope that the Judicial Council will find her reasoning persuasive when it passes judgment on her ruling in the spring. Her ruling is published on the NYAC web site.
A summary of the issues is provided here. We will follow and report on these developments as things evolve, but there should be no illusion about the limitations of dealing with […]Full Story»
The fall meeting of the United Methodist Judicial Council has ruled — late on Saturday night! — regarding a bishop’s decision of law over whether the conference board of ordained ministry “is required to ascertain whether a candidate meets the qualifications for candidacy and ordained ministry, including whether or not she or he is exhibiting ‘fidelity in marriage and celibacy in singleness’ or is a ‘self-avowed practicing homosexual.’
A link to the full ruling, and a statement from MIND, follow.
MIND Statement on […]
“I believe in the sun / even when it’s not shining / I believe in love / even when I don’t feel it /I believe in God / even when God is silent.” At General Conference 2016, these words from Mark Miller’s song “I Believe” became our mantra of sorts. Wednesday, May 18th was supposed to be the big day that all “human sexuality” (their term, not ours) legislation came to the floor for a vote. On Wednesday morning, queer clergy […]
Save the date: Sunday, June 26th
More information to come as we get closer to the date about meeting location and time. Gather your church groups and friends as we MIND and many other UMCs join together to march in the NYC Gay Pride March. Let’s join together in a prophetic witness. There will be singing, communion and of course fun!
2016 NYC Pride Theme: EQUALITY NEEDS YOU
We’re getting closer, but we aren’t there yet. Just ask the bisexual homeless youth on […]
More in this category
- Union Seminary Alumni Council Supports LGBTQI Clergy
- Hundreds of Christian Moms Support LGBTQI Clergy
- Group of LGBTQI Methodist clergy comes out, in defiance of church law
- Board of Ministry Votes Equal Consideration for LGBTQI Candidates
- Can You Imagine Another Four Years Of Discrimination?
- Annual Conference 2015 recap
- #LoveWins: Rev. Frank Schaefer Keeps Credentials
- MIND mourns passing of Bishop McLee
- Annual conference wrap up
- Annual conference 2014 day 3: A covenant never to be silent again
- Annual conference 2014 day 2: Twenty-three ballots later…
- Annual conference 2014 day 1: All eyes on General Conference elections
- Annual conference packing list
- LGBTQ scholars dazzle at Ogletree forum
- Methodist bishop dismisses case against lesbian minister
- The clear meaning of Scripture
- Case dropped in church prosecution of scholar; bishop vows “cessation of trials”
- Bishop Carcano beseeches African bishops to speak out
- The Meaning of 12 Years a Slave
- Yale scholar will be tried by Methodist Church for officiating at son’s wedding
- Christmas message from MIND